Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Tomato, mozzarella and basil pasta bake
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Penne pasta (150g)
- Fresh mozzarella (150g drained)
- Fresh basil
- Parmesan, grated (2 tbsp)
- Olive oil (1-2 tbsp)
- STEP 1Oil an oven-safe dish with some olive oil (or the pasta and cheese will stick). Turn oven on to 170 degrees. Boil water and start cooking pasta
- STEP 2Meanwhile, use a medium saucepan to simmer the chopped tomatoes and olive oil briefly (3 mins) to make the sauce - don't break up the tomato pieces. Add half the grated parmesan to the sauce and stir.
- STEP 3Chop up the mozzarella into cubes, tear up or chop basil leaves. When pasta is al dente drain it. At the last minute, add basil to the sauce and mix the mozzerella and the pasta into the pan with the sauce in it. Pour into oiled dish and sprinkle more parmesan on top. Put into oven until top is crispy - about 10 minutes, but keep an eye on it as it can get too dry very easily.