Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple Marble Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
This cake is something to bake just when you need a little something to fill you up and keep you going. Credits to my good friend Isla.
- 210g butter (softened)
- 210g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 210g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- STEP 2Beat the butter and sugar together. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one.
- STEP 3Add in the vanilla extract. Now mix in the flour one spoonful at a time, making sure that all the ingredients are mixed in. Leave half the mixture aside.
- STEP 4With the other half of the cake mixture, add in the cocoa powder. Now put both batters into a greased circle tin, like a half moon.
- STEP 5Marble the batters by using a spatula and swirling it around through the mixture. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.