Leek, bacon and goats cheese quiche
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Simple and delicious quiche ideal with a salad
- 250g shortcrust pastry (or ready rolled out if you prefer)
- 3 eggs
- 3 leeks, white and tender green parts, halved lengthwise sliced thinly
- 100g bacon bits
- 1 goats cheese log (150g)
- 20cl crème fraîche
- 10cl milk
- STEP 1Preheat the oven at 180C (th.6). Place baking parchment with extended paper above the edges of the tin or grease a tin (I used a square tin).
- STEP 2Fry the bacon bits until crispy and the leeks until they are soft.
- STEP 3Lay the pastry over the tin and using your finger, press the pastry into the edges and up the side of the tin and prick the base all over with a fork.
- STEP 4Slice the goats cheese into thin slices and place some on the pastry then all of the leek and bacon mix and then finish the top with the goats cheese slices decorating them as you wish.
- STEP 5In a bowl beat eggs, crème fraîche and milk and season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 6Place in the oven and cook for 25 to 30 mins.