Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Insecure Chef's 5-Alarm Beef Chili
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
This recipe is extremely quick to make and is very spicy and hot.
- 2 pound ground beef
- 2 onions, diced ith some larger pieces
- 3-5 habeneroo peppers, chopped with stems removed
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 22 ozs diced tomatoes (or the whole can if you desire)
- Two 4.5 oz cans of Old El Paso mild green chilis
- 4-6 oz of ketchup (more of less to sweeten chili)
- 2-cans of red or dark red kidney beans - well washed
- 6 tablespoons of chili powder
- 4 tablespoons of ground cumin
- 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of salt
- 4 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper
- 8 oz of HerbOx beef unsalted flavered bouillion or just use water
- 2 cups of charp shredded cheddar cheese
- STEP 1In a large stock pot brown the ground beef, and drain fat if needed
- STEP 2Add onion, garlic and habanero peppers cook until onions are translucent
- STEP 3Add tomatoes, green chili peppers, ketchup, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, sugar (if using), salt, pepper and pepper flakes
- STEP 4Simmer with no lid for15 minutes or so, adding beef bouillon or water as needed to get the consistency you desire. Don’t be afraid to add liquid, it will get absorbed.
- STEP 5Top each bowl with cheese and serve.