Member recipe by cam_iwttbc
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Muffins
A low sugar, low fat alternative that makes a good afternoon snack. Made with honey and apples.
- For the Muffin mix:
- 6 tbsp Milk
- 4 tbsp Clear Honey
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 Cup (85g) Whole-grain flour
- 1 and a 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 tsp Mixed spice
- 1 Apple either chopped finely or mashed
- Optional extras:
- Raisins, Dried Apricots, Chocolate chips etc
- (In the photo shown I used Chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 180C (356F).
- Take the first three wet ingredients and mix or whisk until the honey has been properly blended.
- In a separate bowl sieve all of the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add the dry to the wet. At this point add the chopped or mashed apple. You should now have a quite lumpy but airy batter.
- Now add any extras such as raisins if desired.
- Spoon into muffin cases. The mix will fill up to 8 cases depending on how generous you are.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Or until, when tested, a toothpick comes out clean. Don't be tempted to open the oven door before the cooking time is over, otherwise the muffins will sink in the middle!