- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Banana bread that is so so delicious it will not last more than 5 minutes.
- 140 grams Caster Sugar
- 140 grams Self raising flour
- 2 large Eggs ; beaten
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 Bananas ; Very ripe - mashed
- STEP 1Heat oven to 180c
- STEP 2Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- STEP 3Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs and a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and bananas.
- STEP 4Pour into the tin and bake for 40 minutes. Test with a skewer to make sure it is cooked through. Let it sit and cool for 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack.