Member recipe by callumcairney
- For the white sauce:
- 250ml Semi skimmed milk
- 20g Margarine
- 1tbsp Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Mustard powder
- Seasoning (salt and pepper)
- 80g Cheddar cheese
- 150g Tagliatelle
- 100g Bacon
- 150g Chicken
- 50g Peas
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red pepper
- Equipment: Balloon whisk Measuring jug Chopping board Knife Pan Collander Oven proof dish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6
- White sauce: Place flour margarine,mustard powder and milk into a saucepan and stir well with a hand whisk.
- Bring slowly to the boil,stirring all the time until the sauce thickens
- Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese.Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the onion and the Pepper by cutting them into fine slices and add them to pasta annd white sauce.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until `al dente`.In the last five minutes add the hard vegetables to the
- Drain the pasta using a collander .Put the pasta back in the saucepan with the whtie sauce and the vegetables into the pasta and mix together.
- Once in the dish mix throught the chicken and the bacon then sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the oven 10 to 15 mins