- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
An 'Anglicised' take on a creole recipe - A beautifully simple, yet tasty meal for 4.
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- 55g flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 570 mls lamb stock
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcs sauce
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tabasco
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- Optional extra - a few thinly sliced potatoes
- STEP 1Coat lamb in seasoned flour and fry in oil until brown.
- STEP 2Add pepper, mix well, then remove to a casserole dish.
- STEP 3Mix all the other ingredients in the frying pan, bring to the boil and pour over the lamb. If using potatoes, spread them evenly over the top and drizzle with a little oil.
- STEP 4If using potatoes, cook uncovered at 180 C for 1 hour. Otherwise, cook covered at 180 for 1 hour. Is suitable for cooking in a Remoska - also 1 hour.