Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
cheats chelsea scrolls
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 8 buns
spicy fruity buns
- 225g self raising flour
- 75g butter
- 150ml milk
- 25g sugar
- 25g melted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon or ground ginger
- 50g currants
- STEP 1pre heat oven 200c. sieve flour into a bowl and rub in butter until fine breadcrumbs.
- STEP 2add sugar and mix milk to give a soft dough. roll out dough on a floured surface to 10x12inch rectangle.
- STEP 3brush melted butter all over dough.mix the caster sugar spice and currants together and sprinkle over dough.
- STEP 4starting from the longer edge,roll up and cut into 8.place cut side down in a greased 9inch round loose bottomed tin,to form a ring-with one in the centre.
- STEP 5bake at 200c for 25-30mins or until golden.