Leek & Sweet Potato Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Simple & easy to make soup with basic ingredients
- 1 Large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 Medium leeks, washed and sliced
- 25g Butter
- 600ml Stock, either chicken or vegetable
- Ground black pepper
- optional 4 Rashers of bacon
- STEP 1Saute the leeks for 4 minutes in the butter. Add the stock and sweet potato and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- STEP 2Season the mixture with black pepper, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- STEP 3Place the cooled soup into a food processor, and liquidise until smooth.
- STEP 4Return the soup to the pan and bring back to the boil, adding any extra water as necessary to thin the soup to the required consistency.
- STEP 5If desired, grill the bacon until crispy, and cut into bite sized pieces.
- STEP 6Place the soup into the serving bowls and sprinkle the bacon pieces over the top.