Roasted tomato and chilli soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Super tasty and super easy, also great for making ahead and freezing. I serve mine with cheese on toast
- 6 fresh tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Olive oil, drizzle
- Salt and pepper
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 200ml double cream plus extra for serving
- Handful of fresh chopped parsley
- STEP 11) Preheat oven at 180c. Place fresh tomatoes and sliced red onion on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 35 minutes.
- STEP 22) Empty the tinned tomatoes into a large pan then add the cooked tomatoes and onion, paprika, balsamic vinegar and chilli flakes then blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- STEP 33) Place on the hob, bring to the boil then gently simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 44) Finish with cream and a handful of chopped fresh parsley.