Crunchy delicious shortbread biscuit
- Preparation and cooking time
- 15-20 minutes in fridge
- Makes around 12 shortbread
Is this truly the best shortbread you have ever tasted? Cook it and find out
- 11 tbsps Plain Flour
- 4 tbsps Caster-Sugar
- 125g butter (Salted/unsalted)
- STEP 1Preheat oven to gas mark 5. Place butter and sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk until creamy.
- STEP 2Split your flour into 5 tbsps and 6 tbsps. Add 5 tbsps and mix until fully incorporated. Then add the rest of your flour and mix.
- STEP 3Shape the dough with your hands into a ball. Sprinkle your worktop/board with flour. Place dough on the worktop and flatten with hands. Then roll out with a rolling pin until 3/4 cm thick.
- STEP 4Cut the dough into fingers and place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- STEP 5Remove dough from the fridge and sprinkle each finger with a small amount of caster sugar. Place in a greased tray and cook in the oven for 15-17 minutes until golden.
- STEP 6Allow shortbread to cool down in the tray at room temperature.
- STEP 7Dig in and enjoy.