Vegan Cauliflower and Broccoli Bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Cauliflower and broccoli in a thick Cauliflower bechamel using pea milk.
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 300 ml unsweetened pea milk
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- STEP 1Parboil the broccoli and about a third of the cauliflower for 5 minutes, so they still have some bite. Drain and set aside.
- STEP 2Boil the rest of the cauliflower (can do this at the same time and just remove the veg for step 1 first) until very soft, 10 minutes.
- STEP 3Place the cauliflower in a blender and add the milk gradually, until you have the desired texture. 300 ml will give a thick puree consistency when baked. Add the flavourings and any other herbs or spices you would like.
- STEP 4Stir through the veg from step 1 and transfer to a dish. Place the thinly sliced tomatoes and seeds on top, and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 200C.