Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chickpea, broad bean and spinach bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Vegan bake topped with potato.
- 400g potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 160g frozen broad beans
- 400g frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 200ml vegan stock (more as and when)
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- Sprinkling fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, basil and rosemary), chopped small
- STEP 1Fry the onion with the smoked paprika for 10 mins until golden.
- STEP 2Microwave the broad beans for 3 minutes and set the potatoes to boil for 15 mins until soft, but not as much as mash.
- STEP 3Add the tomato puree, stock and mixed herbs to the onion and stir in the chickpeas and broad beans.
- STEP 4Add the spinach and turn the heat down.
- STEP 5Drain the potatoes, add the fresh herbs and mash with a fork until nearly mashed but with chunks.
- STEP 6Once all the spinach has melted into the mixture, place in an ovenproof dish and spread the potatoes over the top.
- STEP 7Bake for 30 mins at 200C or until the potatoes have crisped up.