Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 16
I have tried and tasted so many hobnob recipes and have never been satisfied with the results, so I decided it was time to recreate my own. I have experimented so many times, changing ingredients/method, never giving up. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
- 75g butter or margarine
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 75g Wholemeal Flour
- 150g Oats
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- STEP 2Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add syrup and mix well.
- STEP 3Combine the flour, oats and bicarbonate of soda in a separate bowl. Add to the wet mixture a bit at a time, ensuring you mix well to incorporate all the ingredients together. It should be crumbly at this stage.
- STEP 4Place a 6.5cm cookie cutter onto one of the baking sheets, using a desert spoon, place a spoonful of the mixture into the cookie cutter and compress down as much as you can. Repeat until mixture is all used up.
- STEP 5Bake in the oven for10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.