Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sausage, lentil and sweet potato casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
The ginger in this recipe makes it a spicy and warming autumn treat.
- 8 sausages
- 1 onion, diced
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2tsp paprika
- 1/2tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 200g red lentils
- STEP 1Cook the sausages according to the instructions, set aside.
- STEP 2Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil, or the sausage fat, until soft and fragrant. Add the paprika and ginger and fry for a couple more minutes.
- STEP 3Add the chopped tomatoes, and sugar, bring to a simmer. Add the sweet potato and lentils and cover for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to stop it sticking.
- STEP 4Cut the sausages into slices and add to the pan, cook for another 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft and sausages are cooked through. You can add some water during this process if the casserole is too thick for your liking.
- STEP 5Season with salt and pepper to taste, serve by itself or with crust bread.