Chorizo and mozzarella gnocchi bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Make this super simple dish as a midweek treat or an impressive dinner party cheat.
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tins chopped tomato
- 1tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper, to season
- A handful of fresh basil, torn
- 600g fresh gnocchi
- 125g mozzarella ball, cut into chunks
- 100g chorizo, diced
- STEP 1Fry the onion and garlic in 1tbsp of oil over a medium heat until soft and fragrant. Add the chorizo and fry for another 5 minutes.
- STEP 2Add the tinned tomatoes along with the sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer then add the gnocchi, cook until soft, about 8 minutes, stirring often to prevent it sticking.
- STEP 3Turn on the grill to 200 degrees celsius. Add about 3/4 of the mozzarella and all the basil to the gnocchi and stir well. Divide the gnocchi into individual ramekins, or one dish, and top with the remaining mozzarella.
- STEP 4Put the gnocchi under the grill for 3 minutes or until the mozzarella is crisp and bubbling. Serve with green salad.