Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spicy Chickpea & Sun-dried Tomato Couscous
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Great to prepare as a batch to add into work lunch boxes with baby leaf salad or lovely as a side to accompany a summer BBQ. I sometimes sprinkle some feta cheese onto mine before serving.
- 400g tin of Chickpeas
- 200g Couscous
- 300ml Vegetable stock (hot)
- 5 pieces jarred Sun-dried Tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Crushed Chilli
- Salt & Pepper
- STEP 1Drain the chickpeas & rinse under the tap. Cut the tomatoes into small chunks. Place the chickpeas and tomatoes in a pan and warm through on a medium heat. Stir through the paprika and chilli and season with salt and pepper. Reduce to a low heat.
- STEP 2Pour your couscous into large bowl and pour over the hot vegetable stock. Put a plate over the bowl and let the couscous absorb the stock. Once the stock is absorbed, check the couscous is nice and soft, then fluff with a fork.
- STEP 3Add your chickpea and tomato mix into the couscous and fold together. The couscous can be kept int the fridge for up to three days if using for packed lunches.