Chilli avocado toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Simple breakfast treat with a chilli kick, perfect for the weekends.
- 2 small avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 small red chilli (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sourdough bread
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- STEP 1Slice your sourdough into 4 medium slices and reserve for later.
- STEP 2If using fresh chilli, remove seeds and finely dice. Set aside for later.
- STEP 3Cut avocados in half and remove stone. Scoop out the flesh and put in a medium-sized bowl. Mash avocado flesh with a fork until desired texture is achieved (this is largely down to personal preference, I like some chunky bits of avocado but you may wish to make it smoother).
- STEP 4Add juice of 1 lime to the bowl of avocado and mix gently to combine. Add chilli flakes and fresh chilli (if using) to the bowl and mix into the avocado. Season with a little salt & black pepper as desired.
- STEP 5Lightly toast your sourdough slices. This may need to be done in batches depending on the size of your toaster.
- STEP 6Remove sourdough from toaster and place 2 slices on each serving plate. Top each slice of sourdough with the avocado & chilli mixture.
- STEP 7Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top of the avocado toast.
- STEP 8Serve and enjoy! I like to serve this with some salad leaves on the side. Rocket on top is also a good addition.