One Pan Chicken & Prawn Paella
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Quick and easy one pan "paella", great for a simple but tasty midweek family dinner.
- 4 - Chicken Fillets
- 250g - Cooked & Peeled Prawns
- 1.5 - Tbsp Plain Flour
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 4 - Tbsp Olive Oil
- 225g - Smoked Lardons
- 2 - Cloves of Garlic (peeled & crushed)
- 1 - Large Onion (peeled & chopped)
- 1 - Red Pepper (de-seeded & cut into rings)
- 250g - Easy-Cook Rice or Risotto Rice
- 1lt - Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Tsp - Ground Turmeric
- 125g - Green Beans (halved)
- 250g - Frozen Peas
- 125g - Courgette (sliced)
- STEP 1Put the chicken pieces into a large bowl and add the flour, salt and pepper. Toss the chicken well to fully coat in seasoned flour mix.
- STEP 2Heat oil in a wok or large pan, add the chicken pieces and fry until browned. Add the lardons and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- STEP 3Remove the chicken and lardons from the wok/pan and set aside. Reduce the heat and add the garlic & onion, fry until softened. Add the pepper to the mix and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- STEP 4Return the chicken and lardons to the wok/pan and add the frozen prawns.
- STEP 5Stir in the rice, stock and turmeric. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 12 minutes.
- STEP 6Add the beans, peas and courgettes, simmering for a further 5 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Remove from the heat and serve.