Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
New potato and Coronation chicken salad (gf)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
This recipe is a twist on the classic Royal dish and British buffet favourite. It's great way to use up leftover chicken after a roast dinner.
- 600g New/Baby potatoes
- Whole cooked chicken
- 80g sultanas
- 450ml mayonnaise
- 3 tsp mild curry powder
- Large handful of fresh coriander
- 100g spinach
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- STEP 1Half and boil the potatoes until just cooked. Set aside to cool.
- STEP 2Remove all the meat from the cooked chicken and shred into bite-size pieces.
- STEP 3Place the potatoes, chicken and sultanas into a large bowl.
- STEP 4In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the curry powder then stir it thoroughly through the potato and chicken.
- STEP 5Season and add most of the coriander.
- STEP 6Arrange the spinach leaves onto a large plate, top with the salad, and decorate with the remaining coriander.
- STEP 7Chill until required.