Cornish New potato and harissa-marinated halloumi skewers
- Preparation and cooking time
- 1hr to overnight marinate
- Serves 4
These delicious potato and halloumi kebabs are the perfect option for a vegetarian starter or main course.
- 500g halloumi
- 2 garlic cloves
- 90g harissa paste
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 450g Cornish new potatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 250g courgette
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 10g coriander
- STEP 112 metal skewers, or wooden skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes before using
- STEP 2Chop the halloumi into roughly 2.5 cm cubes. Crush the garlic then combine with the harissa, 2 tbsp of the olive oil and the juice of half the lemon in a bowl. Add the halloumi and toss to combine. Marinate for one hour, or overnight.
- STEP 3Prepare the potatoes by rubbing off any loose skin under a tap. Chop any larger potatoes in half. Half-fill a saucepan with cold water then add the potatoes. Place over a high heat and bring up to the boil, then allow to boil for 7 minutes before draining. Allow to cool slightly while you prepare the remaining vegetables.
- STEP 4Preheat the barbecue or put a griddle pan over a high heat. Slice the onion into wedges and the courgette into 1 cm rounds, then cut down the middle to make half-moons. Toss the courgette and Cornish New Potatoes in a bowl with the remaining 1/2 tbsp oil and season to taste.
- STEP 5Thread the Cornish New Potatoes, red onion, courgette and halloumi, reserving any loose marinade, onto the skewers. Barbecue or griddle for 12-15 minutes, turning every few minutes, until everything is golden and lightly charred and the potatoes are cooked through.
- STEP 6Mix the yoghurt with the leftover harissa marinade and serve alongside the skewers, with a scattering of roughly chopped coriander leaves, the remaining lemon half sliced into wedges, and a side salad, if liked.