Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cornish Blue New Potato Omelette
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This substantial lunchtime dish is not just packed with flavour it’s also bursting with vitamins and minerals.
- 250g (approx. 5-6) Cornsih New potatoes
- 10g butter
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 eggs
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- 1 large tomato, skinned and diced
- 25g Cornish Blue cheese, cubed (if you can't get hold of Cornish Blue Cheese, try with Stilton or Dolcelatte)
- STEP 1Dice the potatoes into small pieces, rinse in cold water and place them into a small bowl. Cover and microwave on full power for 3 - 4 minutes, then drain.
- STEP 2Heat up a non-stick frying pan, add the butter, oil and paprika, then fry the microwaved potatoes for 3 - 4 minutes until they’re a light golden colour. Stir in the crushed garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- STEP 3Whisk the eggs and seasoning together and pour the mixture over the potatoes. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes on a medium heat, covering the pan with a lid half way through cooking.
- STEP 4Place the spinach leaves into a sieve and pour over some boiling water to wilt.
- STEP 5Top the omelette with the wilted spinach, diced tomato and cubed blue cheese.
- STEP 6Fold the omelette over and serve immediately.