Chicken, chorizo and Cornish New potatoes tray roast
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
This healthy one tray roast makes it super easy to cook a roast dinner any day of the week.
- 500g Cornish new potatoes
- 8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 100g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped into slices
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced length ways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Juice of a lemon
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 220oC (fan 200 oC)
- STEP 2Give the potatoes a wash, cut any large ones in half then simmer gently in salted water for 8 - 10 minutes until tender. Drain the water off.
- STEP 3Place the chicken, fennel and potatoes in a large ovenproof dish, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle the paprika over the chicken, season and pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
- STEP 4Take the dish out the oven. Add the chorizo, tomatoes, courgette, garlic and red onion to the dish and pop back in the oven for a further half an hour, until everything is cooked through.
- STEP 5Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.