Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fijian Coconut Steamed Fish
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Inspired by one of the great dishes served at Beqa Lagoon Resort in Fiji, this isn't a faithful recreation but satisfied my craving for a tasty reminder of an awesome holiday.
- 4 white fish fillets (I used Pangasius). Defrost if frozen.
- 165ml tin coconut milk
- 2 small limes
- 1 heaped tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 200 degC. Place fish fillets in baking tray. Some overlap not a problem. Can also prep in individual foil parcels.
- STEP 2Pour over can of coconut milk. Add zest and juice of both limes, grated ginger, chopped coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 3Cover baking tray with foil and seal edges. Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.
- STEP 4Remove from oven and serve on a bed of rice, to soak up the delicious cooking liquid, and vegetable of choice. If made in individual foil parcels, will also work well with mashed potato and green beans.