Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
This is a scrambled eggs recipe that isn't as easy as most would cook scrambled eggs, but it is quite easy and it tastes amazing. I love this recipe and I hope viewers of this recipe will also love it.
- 2 large eggs
- 1tbsp milk
- 1tbsp double cream
- Sea salt and black pepper
- A knob of butter, plus a little more for the sourdough bread
- A nice handful of cheddar cheese
- 5 leaves of fresh parsley, lightly chopped
- Snipped, chopped fresh chives, to serve, (optional)
- 1/2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 slice sourdough bread, halved, to serve
- Pinch of paprika
- A drop of tabasco
- STEP 1Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Beat them together.
- STEP 2Add the milk and cream and whisk again.
- STEP 3Add a good pinch of sea salt and a decent grinding of black pepper and mix again. Add the parsley, mustard, tabasco and paprika and mix again vigorously.
- STEP 4In a non-stick skillet, melt the butter. Once melted, add the egg mixture. Leave for 10 seconds. Using a rubber spatula, go around the edges, make sheets through the middle and constantly stir together. Cook until it almost looks good for you. Maybe, around 5 minutes. Next, around 2/3 of the way through cooking, throw your cheese in and mix, the cheese should melt into it quickly. Then, when very nearly done (like 15 seconds before) for you, take the pan off the heat because the pan is hot so it will continue to cook the eggs. They should be fluffy and creamy once completed cooking.
- STEP 5Toast the sourdough bread quickly until toasted. Halve it and lightly butter it, and serve the eggs immediately on top. Top with fresh chives if using. Eat and enjoy!