Vegan creamy garlic & leek pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
I improvised and made this dairy free creamy pasta sauce and it turned out reeeally good. This was my first time making anything dairy free and I surprised myself!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced or chopped fine)
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 cup almond milk (or any dairy free milk)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower spread
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- black pepper
- 3oz penne pasta
- STEP 1Heat oil and garlic on low heat, then add leeks and stir.
- STEP 2Add milk and vegetable stock little by little and put on medium heat whilst stirring.
- STEP 3Add sunflower spread and nutritional yeast, still stirring.
- STEP 4Sift in flour little by little, continuing to stir (or whisk if flour forms lumps) until sauce reaches a thicker consistency.
- STEP 5Serve ontop of pasta.