Warm honey cup puddings
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp butter , melted, plus extra for greasing the cups
- 2 tsp clear honey , plus extra for drizzling
- 50g self-raising flour
- 25g ground almond
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 85g Greek yogurt (take this from the 500g tub for the ice cream, below)
- 1 tbsp pistachios , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Butter two large coffee cups or individual ramekins, then line the bottoms with a circle of non-stick paper. Add 1 tsp honey to the bottom of each.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, squashing any lumps of sugar with your fingers. Beat the egg, butter and yogurt together, then stir into the dry mix until smooth. Spoon the mix into the cups, sit them on a baking tray, then bake for 20 mins until risen and golden. Test if they’re ready by inserting a skewer – it should come out clean. You can make the puddings up to a day ahead, then reheat briefly in the microwave, or leave them in a warm oven, still in the cups.
- STEP 3
Loosen the edge of each pud with a round-bladed knife, then up-turn them onto serving plates. Remove lining disc, drizzle over a little more honey, then serve with a scoop of the pistachio ice cream (below) and a sprinkling of pistachios.