Vegan chicken ramen
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Use up leftover veg to make this easy vegan ramen. You could also add frozen sweetcorn, edamame or greens for a tasty midweek meal
- 2 nests ramen noodles
- 1 vegetable stock pot or cube
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 160g pack What the Cluck Chicken Style Chunks
- 2 tbsp shredded ginger or frozen grated ginger
- 2 tbsp frozen sweetcorn, edamame or peas
- handful spring greens or a couple of cabbage leaves, shredded
- ½-1 carrot, shredded
- chilli oil or soy sauce, to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Cook the noodles following pack instructions, drain well and set aside. Mix the vegetable stock pot in a pan with 300ml water and bring to a simmer. Keep warm on a low heat.
- STEP 2
Heat ½ tbsp sesame oil in a frying pan, then fry the What the Cluck Chicken Style Chunks until browned. Set aside on a plate.
- STEP 3
Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the ginger and sweetcorn until they begin to colour. Put the greens in the stock to warm through, adding the shredded carrot if you prefer it more tender. Bring the stock back to a simmer.
- STEP 4
Divide the noodles between two bowls, arrange the vegetables and What the Cluck Chicken Style Chunks on top, then pour over the stock. Drizzle over the chilli oil or soy sauce, if you like.