Sweet potato & parsnip bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 800g sweet potato , peeled and cut into chunks
- 800g parsnip , peeled and cut into chunks
- 200ml tub reduced-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp shredded sage
- 4 tsp wholegrain mustard
- butter , for greasing
- 1 slice granary bread , finely chopped
- 50g coarsely grated vegetarian-style parmesan
- 3 tbsp pine nut
- STEP 1
Boil the sweet potatoes and parsnips for 20 mins in salted water until tender. Drain really well, then roughly mash with half the crème fraîche and half the sage, the mustard and salt and pepper. Pile into a buttered ovenproof dish and smooth over.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan, pine nuts and remaining sage. Spoon the remaining crème fraîche over the mash, scatter over the bread and cheese mixture, then bake for 35-40 mins from fridge-cold, 25-30 mins if not, until golden.