Sweet chilli chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3-4 tbsp chilli sauce , depending on how hot you like it (we used Amoy)
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast fillets , skin on
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 lime , cut into 4 wedges, to serve, optional
- STEP 1
To make the glaze, preheat the grill to high. Mix together the chilli sauce, honey and oil in a large bowl. Using a sharp knife make 3-4 slits across the skin side of each chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper then lift the skin on each breast and tuck under the crushed garlic. Now dip the underside of each chicken breast in the glaze until evenly coated. Reserve the rest of the glaze for later.
- STEP 2
To cook the chicken, put the chicken on the grill pan, glazed side up, and grill for 8 minutes until golden and sticky. Turn the chicken breasts over, brush with the remaining glaze, then cook for another 6-8 minutes until the chicken is firm and cooked through. Serve straight away with wedges of lime for squeezing over, if liked.