Simple summer pudding
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 450g summer berries , defrosted if frozen
- 4 tbsp blackcurrant cordial or créme de Cassis
- 225g pot of organic red fruits compote
- 6 medium slices white bread , crusts cut off
- STEP 1
Mix the first 3 ingredients and leave for 5-10 mins. If you’re using defrosted fruit, tip in some of the juice, too. Meanwhile, line a 1.2 litre pudding basin with cling film, leaving an overhang. Cut a circle of bread to fit the base, then quarter the rest.
- STEP 2
Drain the juices from the soaked fruit into a bowl, dip the bread in until soaked. Layer up the fruit and bread, pour over the remaining juices and cover with the overhanging cling film – weigh down with a small plate and a couple of cans. Chill in the fridge for 10 mins or until ready to eat. Serve with single cream.