Roasted sesame sweet potatoes & asparagus
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
- 750g sweet potato , peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 garlic cloves , sliced
- thumb-sized piece ginger , peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 bunch asparagus , ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the potatoes in a large roasting tin and toss with the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, fish sauce and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Roast for 20 mins or until golden brown and tender.
- STEP 2
Add the asparagus, 3 tbsp water and the remaining soy, and roast for 10 mins more. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds, then serve.