Rice pop doughnuts
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus chilling
- makes 6 doughnuts (plus 6 crispy cakes from the off-cuts)
- 200g dark, milk or white chocolate , chopped
- 25g butter , plus extra for the moulds
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp milk
- 80g rice pops cereal
- 100g white chocolate , for decorating
- sprinkles , for decorating
- STEP 1
Line an A4-sized baking tray with cling film, or butter a tray of doughnut moulds. Very gently melt the chocolate, butter, golden syrup and milk together in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, or in a microwave by heating it in short blasts and stirring between each blast.
- STEP 2
Take the chocolate off the heat and mix into the rice pops, making sure they are all covered in the mixture.
- STEP 3
Spoon the rice pops onto the lined baking tray and press the mixture down firmly so it fills any gaps, or divide the mixture between the moulds. Set the mixture aside somewhere cool to set hard.
- STEP 4
Once set, if you used a tray, cut six doughnut shapes using a 9cm round cutter and a 2cm round cutter for the hole in the middle. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over the doughnuts, then top with sprinkles to decorate.