Red pork curry with green beans
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 30-40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 250g green bean , trimmed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped root ginger
- 500g pork fillet , thinly sliced
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tsp light muscovado sugar
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 400g can palm hearts , drained, rinsed and sliced
- 1large lime , grated zest and juice
- a handful each of basil and coriander leaves
- STEP 1
Cook the beans in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the curry paste and ginger and fry gently until the oil separates out. Tip in the pork and stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- STEP 3
Add the fish sauce, sugar, coconut milk, palm hearts, lime zest and juice and simmer for a further 5 minutes, adding the beans halfway through. Throw in the basil and coriander and serve with rice noodles.