Pineapple hot sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus overnight marinating
- Serves 4
- 350g prepared pineapple chunks (use fresh, not canned)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne or chilli powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 20g butter
- STEP 1
Blitz the pineapple in a blender until smooth, then tip into a dry frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the lime zest and juice. Stir in the chilli, paprika, cayenne or chilli powder and a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 mins, stirring continuously.
- STEP 2
Tip in the honey and let the mixture bubble for a couple more minutes until slightly thickened. Pour into a small heatproof bowl, stir in the butter and leave to cool. Will keep covered in the fridge for up to five days.