Parmesan-baked ricotta with tomato, olive & basil salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 3 x 250g/9oz tubs ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 100g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- 4 large tomatoes - a mix of colours looks good
- handful good-quality black olives , stones removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- small bunch basil , leaves only
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Beat the ricotta and eggs together, fold in most of the Parmesan, then season to taste. Line a 900g/2lb loaf tin with parchment, then scoop the ricotta into the tin. Level the top, scatter with the remaining cheese, then bake for 35 mins or until set and golden. Let cool, then turn it out. You can do this a day ahead.
- STEP 2
Slice the tomatoes fairly thickly, then very roughly chop the olives. Whisk the olive oils, vinegar, sugar, garlic, olives and seasoning together. Just before you serve, roughly chop a few of the basil leaves and stir most into the dressing.
- STEP 3
To serve, slice the ricotta and put onto plates. Toss the tomatoes with most of the basil and a little dressing. Serve alongside the ricotta, drizzle dressing over and scatter with remaining basil.