Leek, butter bean & chorizo gratin
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 75g pack chorizo , roughly chopped
- 4 large leeks , thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , sliced
- 100ml dry sherry (we used Fino)
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans , drained
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 85g bread , torn into pieces
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil, fry the chorizo for a few mins until slightly crisp, then scoop out, leaving the oil behind. Add the leeks and half the garlic; cook for 5 mins until soft. Pour in the sherry, beans and stock. Season, then bubble for 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, blitz the bread to coarse crumbs with the remaining garlic. Tip the leek mixture into an ovenproof dish, stir in the chorizo and scatter over the crumbs. Bake for 10 mins until golden, then serve with crusty bread.