Grilled mushrooms with goat's cheese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 8 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 150g mild goat's cheese
- 4 slices ham , halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g pine nuts , lightly toasted
- small handful parsley , roughly chopped
- toasted ciabatta and salad, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Wipe the mushrooms with kitchen paper and place on a baking tray, gills facing up. Season, then scatter with the garlic, dot with the goat’s cheese and top each with a piece of ham.
- STEP 2
Drizzle over olive oil, cover with foil, then cook in the oven for 10 mins. After 5 mins, remove the foil and return to the oven.
- STEP 3
When the mushrooms are tender and the cheese melted and bubbling, scatter over the pine nuts and parsley. Serve with toasted ciabatta and a dressed winter leaf salad.