- Preparation and cooking time
- Prep: -
- Serves 6
- 200g madeira cake , cut into small cubes
- 50g almond , roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 390g jar cherry compote (or apricot or rhubarb)
- 300g tub vanilla-flavoured custard
- 2x bars nut brittle
- STEP 1
Tip the madeira cake and nuts into a medium bowl. Drizzle over the brandy and stir well. Divide the mixture between 6 large tumblers, then top with compote and custard.
- STEP 2
Break the bars of nut brittle into a food processor and blitz until crushed quite finely. (You can prepare to this stage up to two hours before serving.)
- STEP 3
When ready to serve, sprinkle a thick layer of crushed brittle on top of each tumbler.