Festive fondant fancies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Decorates a 20cm square or 30 x 20cm traybake
- 1kg ready-to-roll icing block
- blue and green food colouring
- 20cm square, or a 30 x 20cm traybake cake
- decorate with sprinkles , sugared almonds, mini marshmallows and small gingerbread men (we used Marks & Spencer Gingerbread men, 99p for 9)
- STEP 1
Put your ready-to-roll icing block in a large bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. After 10-15 mins the icing should be soft. Pour off water, and mix icing in bowl, adding a dribble more hot water until you get a smooth, runny but thickish icing. Divide evenly in 3 and add a little blue colouring to one third, and a little blue and green colouring to another third.
- STEP 2
Slice a 20cm square, or a 30 x 20cm traybake cake into roughly equal, portion-sized squares, and sit them on a wire rack above a large tray.
- STEP 3
Spoon some icing over each cake to cover, then decorate with sprinkles, sugared almonds, mini marshmallows and small gingerbread men.