Curried vegetable broth
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion , finely chopped
- 2 medium sticks celery , chopped
- 1 large potato , chopped
- 2 carrots , chopped
- 1 parsnip , chopped into large chunks
- 2 tbsp mild vegetarian curry paste
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 850ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp double cream
For the garnish
- 15g butter
- 1 large onion , finely sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the vegetables. Toss well and cook for 3-4 mins until lightly browned.
- STEP 2
Stir in curry paste and flour and mix together well. Pour over the stock and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer for 20-30 mins until the vegetables are tender.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, for the garnish, heat the butter in a frying pan and gently cook the onion for 7-10 mins until browned.
- STEP 4
Stir the cream into the soup. Serve immediately sprinkled with the fried onion and chopped coriander.