Creamy ham, leek & mushroom spaghetti
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 200g chestnut mushroom, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g spaghetti
- 140g low-fat soft cheese (we used Philadelphia Light)
- 85g wafer-thin smoked ham, shredded
- small pack basil
- 25g grated parmesan
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Stir in the leeks, 2 tbsp water and some seasoning, cover, then cook for 5 mins over a medium heat until softened. Add the mushrooms and garlic, then cook for 3 mins more. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions, then drain, reserving a little of the cooking liquid.
- STEP 2
Stir the soft cheese into the leek and mushroom mixture, adding enough of the reserved pasta liquid to give a sauce-like consistency. Add the ham, basil leaves and Parmesan, then toss in the spaghetti.