- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 18
- 200g butter , diced, plus extra for greasing
- 2 x bars plain chocolate (about 40% cocoa solids is fine)
- 280g light muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp cranberry juice or milk
- 4 medium eggs
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 x pack dried cranberries
- 100g pistachios , sliced
- icing sugar to dust, optional
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter a non-stick baking tin (about 31 x 17 x 3.5cm) or line the base if you prefer. Break the chocolate into a saucepan, add the butter, sugar and juice or milk, then warm gently, stirring frequently until melted and evenly mixed. Allow to cool slightly, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Fold in the flour, cinnamon and cranberries.
- STEP 2
Spread half the mixture into the prepared tin, scatter over the nuts, then gently spread the rest of the mixture on top. Bake for 25-30 mins. Cut into squares while still warm. Will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.