Chinese noodles with tofu & hazelnuts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in around 25 mins
- Serves 4
- 250g packet medium egg noodle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- handful coriander , roughly chopped
- 300g mangetout
- 1 red chilli , seeded and finely chopped
- handful toasted hazelnuts , roughly chopped
- 349g pack silken tofu , cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp Chinese yellow bean sauce
- STEP 1
Drop the noodles into a pan of boiling water, cook for 4 mins, then drain. Drizzle over a little oil and mix in half the coriander.
- STEP 2
Heat a wok over a medium heat. Pour in the remaining oil, then throw in the mangetout and stir-fry for 2 mins. Add the chilli and cook for 2 mins more until the beans are just tender.
- STEP 3
Tip the hazelnuts, tofu and yellow bean sauce into the wok and stir to warm through. Finally, stir in the remaining coriander, season if you want to, and serve with the noodles.