- 2 tbsp half-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of golden caster sugar
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
Also known as corn on the cob, sweetcorn is composed of rows of tightly packed golden yellow…
- 55g pack of cooked crispy bacon, broken into pieces (reserve 4 whole rashers) – or grill your own rashers
Bacon is pork that has been cured one of two ways: dry or wet. It can be bought as both rashers…
- 1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Make the dressing in a small bowl – mix the mayo, mustard, lemon juice, sugar and some seasoning. Tip the sweetcorn onto a non-stick baking tray and roast in the oven for 10-15 mins until crispy and golden. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, combine the bacon bits with the lettuce and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the sweetcorn and coat in the creamy dressing. Divide into 4 portions and top each with a rasher of bacon. The salad will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days without the dressing.
Packed lunchIf you’re making this as a take-to- work lunch, put the dressing in a small separate container alongside your salad box, then dress just before eating.