Member recipe by firstname.lastname@example.org
- 225g fresh damsons, washed
- 55g caster sugar
- 360ml double cream
- 75ml milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 x 20cm shortcrust pastry case, baked blind
- Stew the fruit with the sugar and 50ml cold water until soft but not breaking apart. Drain in a sieve.
- Warm the cream, milk and honey in a saucepan over a medium heat. Just before boiling, pour onto the egg yolks and whisk together until smooth.
- Scatter the stewed fruit into the pastry case, place on a baking tray and slowly pour over the custard mixture. Bake in the oven (180^C) for about 30 minutes until set.