Student spaghetti bolognese
Member recipe by yodstarr
Quick Easy spag bol that tastes gr8 and is cheap to make. Possibly not the healthiest meal in terms of getting your 5 portions but as quick fixes go this is tops!! - in my opinion!
- 1 small pack of dried spaghetti (you not need it all depends on your belly size)
- splash of virgin oil
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove roughly chopped
- 1lb of minced beef
- 1 can of tomato soup (Heinz is the best, ive tried a few)
- 1 can of tomatoes chopped or whole
- a couple of good handfuls of mushrooms roughly chopped
- 2 to 4 table spoons of dried oregano or marjoram depending on your own tastes (can be added as you go)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1oz of butter optional to give the sauce that rich shiny texture
- Put a large pan of water on for the spaghetti. Dont add the spaghetti yet just get the water boiling while you do the rest.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Added the chopped onion and cook until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 mins. Try not to burn the garlic, if it looks like its going to burn (sometimes the heat can be to high) go quickly to step 3, the flavour will still make it!
- Add the mince and fry until browned. Drain any fat using a cullindar and return it to the pan
- Add the tin of tomotoes, the tomato soup, the oregano (or marjoram) and bring to the boil. When boiling turn down to a simmer, add mushrooms and season well with salt and pepper.
- By now you water should be boiling. Add the speghetti and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. This by the way is just about the right amount of time your spag bol needs to get get all lovely. Do not cover it as you want the sauce to thicken slightly but if it doesnt dont worry itll taste just the same.
- When spaghetti is ready turn off the sauce and thrown in the butter if you decided to use it. Plate the spaghetti and pour on the sauce once the butter has melted in.
- Done! easy spag bol! and any left overs will freeze easy and taste even better given the chance to sit.