Member recipe by tizliz
Rouille Rouille is a sauce that originates in the Mediterranean and is traditionally served with seafood soups and stews.
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large red pepper (capsicum)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (hot or mild)
- 180ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the red pepper under a hot grill and cook for 5 minutes on both sides, so that it softens and the skin is slightly charred.
- Remove the pepper from the grill and peel the skin with a small knife. Halve the pepper remove the seeds and roughly chop the flesh.
- Place the garlic, chilli, pepper and smoked paprika in a food processor or blender and puree to a smooth paste.
- With the motor running gradually pour in the olive oil until well combined, finally blend in the breadcrumbs.
- Season the rouille to taste. Serve