Member recipe by pocoyo
ServingsServes 1 - 28 Biscuits
- 145g blanched whole almonds, toasted and chopped coarsely
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 260g all-purpose flour
- 150g granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Toast almonds for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool and then chop coarsely. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150 degrees C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- In a small bowl lightly beat the eggs, vanilla and almond extracts together. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat until blended.
- Gradually add the egg mixture and beat until a dough forms, adding almonds about halfway through.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a log about 14 inches (35 cm) long and 3 - 4 inches (8 - 10 cm) wide. Transfer to baking tray and bake for 30-40 mins. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 mins.
- Cut into slices 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) thick diagonally and arrange evenly on baking tray. Bake 10 mins on each side (until they are firm). Remove from oven and cool.